Sunday, July 24, 2011

PE5_mindmeister



Greetings! Welcome to part two of my mindmeister post. I decided to go into another area of this software to demonstrate how flexible it really can be.

I think we've already established that mindmeister can help with brainstorming and with organization. But what other ways can we use it? Well, how about capturing important information in meetings?

In order to try and demonstrate to some of my co-workers and more importantly my boss, the benefits of the software, I decided to take all of my notes in mindmeister.

As the meeting began, I quickly was able to set up the base of the map. If we spoke about personnel, I went to that bubble and added the appropriate names. If any of those names changed team throughout the discussion for any reason, I simply "clicked, dragged, and dropped" the names to their new teams. It was very quick, and for me, provided a much better way to take notes due to its visual nature.

When any type of issue came up in the discussion with critical contact information, I would simply create a new bubble and insert the website for the organization in question. This provided a quick link to any information they might need post meeting.

In the end they were pretty impressed. I have a meeting Monday morning with them to show everything I want about mindmeister. This is great news actually. I might actually use this as an opportunity to show them a few more benefits of Web 2.0!

1 comment:

  1. Chris,

    I've been using the Mindmesiter iPad app a lot since I purchased it. It's not too expensive, I think 7 or 8 dollars. The one thing I will say works against it is that to change layout style or color to delineate lower categories is rather cumbersome on the iPad version. Most of mine end up being the default blue bubbles with smaller blue bubbles. Not as visually interesting as the one your showing here but in a pinch it gets the job done.

    Maybe I should try logging into the Mindmeister site via the iPad and see how that works...

    John

    ReplyDelete